Genesis Marketing believes in the science of happiness. We work hard every day to be at our “BEST” through working on being “Heliotropic”.
This Weeks Color Email
START YOUR WEEK OFF WITH THE COLOR OF THE CHANGING SEASON
October 9th, 2017 // by Paxton McKinney
Start Your Week Off with the Color of the Changing Seasons
Hello and Happy Monday,
We here at Genesis Marketing wish you an AWESOME start to your work week and that's why we send these little inspirational emails once a week.
Every week a different Team Member composes the "Color Email." This week was Paxton's turn...
AccorDid you know that the change in seasons can affect your mood?
According to this article from the Huffington Post colder weather can make people:
- Have less energy
- Feel less social
- Lose interest in their favorite activities
- Crave carbs
- Want to sleep more
- Have trouble sleeping
According to this
article, these feelings are most likely our bodies getting confused due to the days being shorter and the nights longer.
I have a really hard time with my mood in the winter. I am a sun lover, having lived in Atlanta & Phoenix and do not handle the cold + short days well.
If you are looking for ways to kick the winter blues here are some things I found on the internet that may be of interest
- Get a light therapy lamp- these will essentially help trick your body into thinking the sun is out longer
- Keep your blinds open during the day! Get as much sun as possible
- Working out- ya ya ya, we all know its supposed to make you happier.
- Don't succumb to your carb cravings! The spike and crashing of your blood sugar won't help your mood
- Listen to upbeat, cheery music
- Don't stop going outside. Being outside lowers your stress levels and improves focus, so make an effort even if it's cold.
- Increase your vitamin D & Omega- 3 intake
This week's color
email courtesy of:
Media Placement Strategist // Genesis Marketing